(Get Answer) – Writing Assignment 485
Writing an essayin which you answer the following questions:
• How does Amartya Sen define Poverty? In what way is this different from the way that you have typically defined or thought of poverty?
• Banerjee and Dufflo speak about going hungry when poor, a common phenomenon.
So why do people in impoverished circumstances frequently spend every extra penny on other goods such as a TV rather than on nutrition?
What else do they spend the money on? Why do you think this is so?
• How did Banerjee and Dufflo tell Pak Solhin’s story? What sorts of details did they focus on?
Cite one excerpt from Pak’s experience that resonated with you and explain why.
• For what purpose do you think Banerjee and Dufflo shared this and other individuals’ stories in Poor Economicsto the reading public of Financial Policy?
What effect might it have on readers?
Why do you think so? Use specific examples from the text to support your points.
• How has reading about specific individual’s experiences impacted your thoughts regarding the human cost of poverty and inequality?
To end your essay, write about the questions and/or concerns the entire text raises for you about the implications of the scarcity of resources and the inequitable distribution of these resources both from what you see around you, as well as what you observe around the world.
Your response to Poor Economics should be roughy 600 words