(Get Answer) – Write A Raft Draft For An Essay For The Book Quot The Awakening Quot
Pretend you are the book critic for the New Orleans Daily News in the year 1899 and write a review of the novel The Awakening(Nella Larson). (In the concluding paragraph of your essay, you may jump to the year 2019 and discuss what a critic today might think of the novel.) Please write a raft draft for this prompt with the outline below.
MLA Format, Times New Roman 12ft. Double spaced, 3-4 pages, include quotes and in-text citation
- Introduce the current woman and man relationship status
- Relating The Awakening with the current social status of man and woman
- Stating that the book explores upon the very few numbers of woman trying to disobey the social code and their not so wonderful ending after breaking the social balance.
- Man and woman marriage
- Man: Dominant
- Woman: Submissive
- Woman’s duty after marrying her husband
- How the main character Edna disobeys her duty as a housewife
– Social Balance in 1890
- How people like Edna would break the balance
- Edna’s ending
- Discouraging woman right now to follow Edna’s path
- Criticize the writing by pointing out:
-Misleading point of view for housewives to disobey the society and her husband
– Disastrous ending of ones life by choosing to go on the disobedient path
-On the positive side, the novel elevated and emphasized man’s social and family status.
- In the 1890s people’s view largely differentiates from people’s view nowadays.
- 1890s: Book is perfectly written but has negative effect on housewives behavior
- Now: Book reflects the old times and how woman were treated in an unfair way and how woman need a man to make her life complete.