(Get Answer) – Works Cited For Research And Source Log Assignment 2
your choice that is connected to the class theme of “Monsters.”
- Fictional: Look at a fictional movie, TV episode, music video, or piece of media and do a close analysis of the “monster/villain”
- Historical: Look at a real-life dictator, serial killer, scientist, social network, etc. and do an analysis of the coverage of the person.
- Scientific: Look at modern science e.g. cloning, Crispr, genetic modification etc. and decide whether that type of science is creating modern heroes or monsters.
- Current events: Do a deep dive on a current event like border control, politics, make-up, sports, and analyze whether your topic is helping society or harming it
#1Assignment : “USE DOC. STYLE SEND TO ME”
When you research, one of the most time-consuming things to do is find sources and cite them. For this assignment, you will be finding 16 sources on your topic and writing a Works Cited for these sources.
1. Find 16 credible sources on your topic.
2. Write a Works Cited for each source
3. Turn in your Works Cited for Tutoring
4. Revise any issues that tutors located
#2 ASSIGNMENT : “USE SECOND DOC. STYLE SEND TO ME”
Step 1: Review：Source Log: Researching the Monster
Step 2: Write the essay & save it as a .pdf or .doc with your name and assignment e.g. Nick Log.doc
Source Log: Researching the Monster
Research collection is essential for a good research project! You need to look at a large variety of texts to see the different perspectives, biases, philosophical lenses, and ideas connected to your research topic.
SLO #3: Demonstrate analysis, comparison, synthesis, and documentation of independent research.
Step 1: For this essay, you will collect 16 sources about your topic and construct a source log.
- 2 Primary Sources
- 4 Scholarly Journal Articles (Go to Ebscohost or other library databases)
- 2 Newspaper or magazine
- 2 Data-driven/based sources e.g. stats or surveys
- 2 Web-based Sources
- 2 Book or e-book
- 2 Choice Sources
Step 2: You will write an MLA Works Cited for each source.
Step 3: You will discover the reading or audience level of each source.
Step 4: You will complete a CARS Checklist(I will send to you) assessment for each source.
Step 5: Identify the source’s argument
Step 6: Include a note about any bias or philosophical perspectives the source expresses.
Step 7: Compile all this info into a Source Log essay that is Alphabetically organized by the MLA Citations and contains all the parts for each source.
Connection to Research Project:
- You will pick 8 sources from this source log that you will use in your research project, Critical Thinking Challenge #5
The Format for Each Entry:
- Work Cited
- Reading Level/Audience Level
- CARS Checklist Score
- Source’s Argument
- Note: about any bias or philosophical perspectives the source expresses.
Sample about the essay named：Source log on the bottom